Sunday 10 October 2010

Rough Guide Project2

CONTEXT TASKS AT PICADDILLY

Object1

ALEXIA GOETHE GALLERY
ALEXANDER DE CADENET  
LIFE-FORCE
Alexia Goethe Gallery is one of the galleries on
Dover Street
.
My friend and I happened to pass in front of the gallery when we explore around the area. It was small gallery and seemed to exhibit various contemporary art works.

http://www.alexiagoethegallery.com/x/exhibitions.html?exid=43
Life-Line
2009
Glass paint and varnish with scratching into aluminum sheet
150 x 300 cm / 59.1 x 118.1 in

One of the reasons why I was impressed by his art works is the way of using materials. I never saw the person who is using aluminum sheet in this way and it makes distinctive and strong effort on canvas. The artist expresss both the climactic moments of its creation and simultaneously suggest a metaphorical overview of a life’s journey in this series.

About Alexander De Cadenet
He was born in 1974, lives and works in London.
He works in Painting, photography, installation and sculpture.

All reference from:http://www.alexiagoethegallery.com/x/default.html

Object2


Perfume cards from Fenwick
This collection of cards is all from Fenwick which is an independent chain of high-end department stores in the United Kingdom. The reason why I collected these is because these well represent the brand images which I can find from the card’s shapes and the printings. In addition, it was interesting if I took many these sample cards to my home (of course with the perfume on these) my room was filled in the distinctive department store’s smell which you can sniff when you enter department stores.

Object3

This funny statues and bench is located on new bond street.
I think this well represent the area. Because, normally bench is for sitting on it and having a rest when shopper is tired. However, on this bench, it taken by the two statues and there is no space to sit for us. It shows that, I think, the shopper around this area have loads of room and gracefulness. No need to sit on bench on the Street.


A bench and statues on new bond street

No comments:

Post a Comment