Saturday 6 November 2010

Natural Dye from Plants1

Avocado, Grape, Onion, and Fruits tea


As I am trying to transfer this image into weave, I need to use color gradient yarn.
Natural Dyes from Plants was very good way to make this effect.

The items which were used for dying:
Avocado, Grapes (no photo), onion and fruit tea

Dying Processes



As I need to make color gradation when I weave the yarn,
I put the bobbins into the color directly.
So I can see some dyed parts and non-dyed parts in one bobbin(as you can image, surface of the bobbin is dyed strongly but not inside)

1.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20min.

2.
Strain it.

3.
Add yarn to be dyed into the color.
Simmer it for about 15min then remove from the heat and let cool a bit.

4.
Wash by water and dry.


left: onion  middle: avocado skin  right: grapes skin






No comments:

Post a Comment